Thursday, January 20, 2011

Valentine Projects

Hello friends! When I was ordering my goodies to work with this month I knew I wanted to work in pink, red and clear pearls and gems.

I heart U Typewriter Card

  • I printed this Love Actually Paper by Polka Dot Pixel on white textured American Crafts card-stock.
  • I trimmed to fit the card front.
  • I tied a bow out of red binding tape and wrapped it around the card front.
  • I zigzag stitched it to the card.
  • I stamped the Hero Arts typewriter stamp in Red Versafine ink on Neenah White Card-stock.
  • I hand trimmed the typewriter and adhered Pink Gradient Pearl Stickers to the keys.
  • I stamped the I & U on the paper and drew in the heart on the paper.
  • I adhered the paper to the card front with foam adhesive from American Crafts.
Hybrid xoxo card

  • I die cut this heart shape using my silhouette, a Hearts 4U by Laina Lamb, and American Crafts City Park Patterned Paper.
  • I adhered it to the card front, added White Gradient Pearl Stickers to each circle in the pattern.
  • I added some American Crafts Stream City Park Decorative MixTape.
  • I hand stitched around the heart and around the edge of the card with DMC floss.
LOVE

  • I used printed up a picture of my son Jordan with a lollipop.
  • I cut a piece of Making Memories Paper the same length as the picture and adhered both to the card-stock.
  • I machine stitched in red thread around the edges for definition.
  • I placed a white gradient brad in two locations and wrapped red/white divine twine around the brad and mini attached the other side.
  • I glued on up-cycled letters for the title (a find from an old drive-in!)
  • I punched a circle of the same patterned paper and added it to the top left side of the card-stock.
  • I threaded more divine twine to a black button and adhered it to the circle.
macaron

  • I printed a picture of some of my favorite Guava Macarons
  • I added a title with thickers
  • I added some American Crafts Dear Lizzy Stickers
  • I added some Pink Gradient Pearl Stickers to the title and to various stickers to add interest.
love to read book mark

I saw a paper heart banner on how about orange and thought it would be a cute way to make a dimensional paper heart that I could sew on as an accent.
  • I punched three hearts out of this old Making Memories glossy pink houndstooth and trimmed two of the three hearts.
  • I rounded the corners of the book mark.
  • I stacked the three and machine stitched them onto this card-stock strip.
  • I machine stitched down the middle and around the edges.
  • I added pink vinyl thickers to say love to read.
  • I added Pink Gradient Gem Stickers to the title and down the center of the hearts.
I hope you've enjoyed my projects and are inspired to make something for someone special (and you are someone special too!) Thanks for stopping by!
Love Love and Blog you Later,
Joscie, rhymes with bossy

4 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

Love those color combos. Beautiful.
suekimmet@gmail dot com

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Love the look of the craft paper along with the red -works perfect!

Anonymous said...

Cute projects!

Anonymous said...

I puffy heart this post...all the project sare fabbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...