Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Sweetie Pie and My Hearts Desire!

Hi! Sandra here to talk about the January Kit of the Month - My Heart's Desire. I love this kit and I was thrilled when it arrived in the mail! I laid it all out on my scrappin' table and the wheels started turning...

Here are two quick cards that I made using a few of goodies from the kit.

For the card on the left I used the teardrop shaped
Vintage Jewels - PINK and Vintage Jewels - RED & WHITE (I just used the clear) to create three hearts at the bottom of the card and of course I had to use some Gradient Gem Stickers - BLACK & WHITE (again, the clear - NOT INCLUDED IN THE KIT).


For the card on the right I used the
Red & White Fancy Polka Dot Ribbon near the bottom of the card and one Red & White Fancy Polka Dot Brad. I placed a round sparkly sticker (from my stash) on top of the big brad.


I also created a 2 page layout featuring my Sweetie Pie! The pics are from Valentine's Day 2010 and I just loved my little guy's excitement and expressions in the pics. He is so much fun!!!

I love the Vintage Poppies with Pearl Brads - RED (and all of the other great colors too) but I did not think that flowers went with a layout of my son so I looked at the flowers and I saw hearts. Each petal of the Velvet Poppy looked like a heart to me so I just took out the pearl center and cut each petal apart. I actually cut only the large poppies from two packs of the Vintage Poppies with Pearl Brads - RED. (Only on pack is included in the kit. You could use the small poppies too from the kit and then you would only need on pack.) I used the once poppy petals, now hearts, along with the Velvet Ric Rac - RED from the kit to create the border that spans the bottom of the entire layout and three of the petal hearts at the top of the right hand page. I also used the three puffy hearts from the kit just above the title - these hearts have white polka dots on the other side but I chose to use the plain red side.




If you did not get this kit yet, you will want to get it as soon as possible! I still have a lot of goodies left from this kit to create more fun stuff!

Thanks for looking and make it a great day! :o)

2 comments:

Dawnll said...

These projects are just cute as can be! Love all the details.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea with the heart border--love love love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...