Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Playtime Boy for a {big} boy's playtime

I had such fun boyish embellishments to play with this month, from the Playtime Boy embellishment pack.  I knew these would be perfect for a layout of the biggest boy in my house ;) playing with his new Lionel trains, on the train table that he recently built.

I used the felt words in the pack to create the title.  That's a page from a Maya Road chipboard album, which I covered in the Bo Bunny Mamarazzi patterned paper to create a fun focal point "base" for my title work.


The train made a fun little accent for the bottom of the page.


And I used punched circles to add some "pop" to a couple of the brads.


I also made a fun little card to share this month:

I accented my card with a couple of the sweet little felt butterflies from Blooming Garden, added a blue Gradient Gem Brad to the center of my flower/sentiment, three Gradient Gem Stickers along the bottom scallop, and some blue Polka Dot ribbon.  I love how quickly these fun embellishments made this card come together!

- Debbie

3 comments:

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Great layout Debbie and love your card!

Amy K said...

What a terrific layout. Your card is beautiful too - love the colors.

Karen said...

Amazing layout and cute card. I get scared about embellishments still and keep them to the minimum. My fear is that I'll end up with something that looks like a cluttered mess! How do you keep it balanced?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...