Monday, November 15, 2010

Falling for Fall - or Christmas...

o

Hi, it's Diane with a few new things to share with you.  The November Deal Of the Month is called "Falling for Fall" but I must have Christmas on my mind since I was drawn to the red items in the deal.

Here is the November Deal.

 

  • Orange Ruffled Flower - 3 Pieces
  • Red Ruffled Flower - 3 Pieces
  • Orange Gem Brads - 12 Pieces
  • Red Gem Garden - 12 Pieces
  • Red Sunflowers - 4 Pieces
  • Assorted Loop d'Loop Brads - 9 Pieces
  • Red Gem Stickers - 76 Pieces
  • Orange Groovy Petals - 8 Pieces
  • 18" Red Fancy Polka Dot Ribbon
You get all of this for only $6.99 (Regular Price $ 18.93).

 

I used the Country Life Cricut cartridge to create these trees.  I adapted three pennants with scalloped backgrounds to fit the card front.  The flowers from the Red Gem Garden make perfect stars at the top of the snowy trees.

 

A Gem Garden butterfly highlights the sentiment.  I used the Red Fancy Polka Dot Ribbon along the top of the sentiment strip.  (The snowy scallops and the sentiment strip are Core'dinations gemstone cardstock and the trees are from the DCWV Christmas Medley stack)


The Red Sunflowers seemed a bit "Summery" to me with their gingham centers.  However, I found that they worked very nicely with a bold graphic Christmas paper from American Crafts.

 

One sunflower and some more Fancy Polka Dot Ribbon make a cheery "Ho Ho Ho" card.

 

I used the other three sunflowers on this page to hang on my magnetic display board.  The Christmas Twinkle Sticker (not part of the November deal) says "Time to be Jolly" and I can add post it reminders or even attach a memo pad on the right side to help with holiday preparations and schedules.

 

I couldn't miss making at least one "Fall " project with this kit.  I used the red and orange sheer flowers and one of the orange loop d'loop flowers from the Groovy Petal Medley.  I replaced the flower brad at the center of the loop d'loop flower with an orange Gem Brad to make it a bit more formal.




This squash book or card is simple to make.  You can add photos, sayings and personal messages  in all of the spaces.  (The shimmery leaf paper is from a pack called Autumn Splendor from Making Memories and the base of the card is a heavy textured Bazzill). 

 

A ribbon closure is made much more elegant with the addition of these flowers.  You can find directions on making this card on my personal blog, Capadia Designs.

The Deal of the Month packages are always a great value and you can use one set for many projects.  The deals only last a month so be sure to get your November set before it is too late!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...