Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Special Flowers for Special Cards


Hi, it's Diane today and I have a couple of cards to share with you.  These cards feature some of the beautiful and unusual flowers available from Creative Charms.


This is a blue Multi-layered Organza Flower - these flowers are so lovely and shimmery.  I thought the center pearl was a bit small for my card design, so I snipped the thread that holds it and added a larger white pearl Gradient Gem Sticker.


I also added medium pearl gem stickers and clear gem stickers to the outer points and some small gem stickers to some of the intersecting lines in the center section of the blue flower.  I designed this lacy flower shape with the Calligraphy Collection Cricut cartridge.


This baby card has a nostalgic pink chenille flower from the Fuzzy Daisy Kit.  Something about chenille just gives me a warm cozy feel!


The daisy comes with a polka dot center.  I decided to change this out for a large pink butterfly brad from the pink Blooming Garden collection.


A strip of pink Fancy Polka Dot Ribbon finishes the top of the card.


The sentiment was cut with the Cuttlebug Welcome Baby Combo Set.  The dotted paper is from the Cricut Imagine More Cards cartridge - I printed a full 12 x 12 sheet and trimmed it for the card.

If you would like more details and directions for making these cards, you'll find them on my personal blog, Capadia Designs.  Take a look around the Creative Charms website to see lots of other beautiful and unusual flowers that will make great focal points for your cards and projects.

5 comments:

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Great cards Diane - those embellishments you picked has so much texture and work perfect with your cards. ~Amy http://aimitup.blogspot.com/

Art From The heart said...

Lov those flowers and the colors are Wow !
Hugs, Amy

Melanie - The Paper Retreat said...

Very beautiful cards. I love the fuzzy flower and the brad you chose for the center.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Hey these flowers are so cool!!! Love this stuff! :D

Anonymous said...

Great Cards. Beautiful...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...