Friday, May 27, 2011

Ideas for Using Pearl Stickers

Don't you love it when you find a way to use an item in an unexpected location?  Usually pearls are used to add sophistication to a card or layout.  Today I am going to share with you one way I found to use them to add some dimension to whimsical projects.  
If you look closely you can see I used two different shades of pearls (Gradient Pearl Stickers in White & Gradient Pearl Stickers Assorted) and a variety of sizes as well.  I started with the biggest and just started filling in from there.  


I did a similar thing with my cloud on this layout using some of Nikki Sivil's cute Summer line.  I also used butterflies and flowers from Pink Blooming Garden and Blue Blooming Garden included in the May Kit of the month.  They match this line perfectly and added just the right touch.  I used the Gradient Pearl Stickers  in White for my Cloud.  I used a variety of sizes but stuck with one shade of pearls for this one.  You can judge for yourself which you like better.

Since I was on a roll with the pearls I decided to incorporate them on one more card.  This time it's in a more typical sophisticated look...but still a different use.


OUT FOR PUBLICATION - WILL RETURN IN 2012 :)

The bottom of this card is made up of layers of coffee filters.  By itself it was too much white.  I found the Pink Gradient Pearl Stickers to be a perfect fix for that.  They break up the white, but they also bring out the pink from the top of the card.  

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!


5 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

So clever and crafty. I love how you used them on the clouds. :)

Art From The heart said...

Love the way you used those pearls!
Hugs, Amy

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Wow Christine - love your work! Your cards and layout are great. Amy

Anonymous said...

Super cute Christine; love how you used the pearls!

Arlene Camacho said...

wow, what an amazing way to use those pearls! I may have to try this!!! thanks for the inspiration. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...