Thursday, February 17, 2011

Black and White and Lace Cardstock


Hi, it's Diane today and I have a few cards to share that I made with the February Deal of the Month.  I am always amazed at how much is included in these fabulous deals.  There is plenty to keep you busy with unique embellishments for all sorts of projects.


Here are the items in this month's deal - of course, my eyes flew to the huge and beautiful sequin butterfly.  I actually turned it into a pin that can be worn on a blouse or a hat.


I added some felt trimmed to shape, glue it to the butterfly and sewed a pin backing to the felt


I thought that this would make a nice gift for another crafter so I made a card using the Paper Lace Cricut cartridge and pinned the butterfly through the lace so it could be removed and worn.


I cut the sentiment from white glitter cardstock with the "Friends Forever" Cuttlebug combo set die.  I added the smallest clear gem stickers to dot the "i"s for more sparkle.


I love the drama of a simple black and white combo and the next card is simply another cut from the Paper Lace Cricut cartridge, cut in black and placed on a white A2 card.


I used some of the black and white gradient gem stickers along with two of the flowers and one butterfly from the white gem garden to highlight the paper lace.


The shimmer flowers in green and black have such a lovely sheen - the green is also a close match to the DCWV shimmer cardstock.


I used the same Paper Lace Cricut cut but sized it a bit smaller so I could add a green shimmer cardstock layer behind the lace.  I added shimmer flowers - two from the green and black set and one from the black and white set.


The sentiment is embossed with glitter on the same green cardstock with a white glitter scalloped oval behind to continue the sparkle.


You can find complete directions and more photos on my blog, Capadia Designs, at THIS POST.

Don't miss your chance to order this great deal - for $6.99 it is a terrific value and you will have lots of creative options!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the lace effect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...