Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Using Non Traditional Colors For A Christmas Themed Layout?

Sure why not!

Laura here to show you how fun it is to use non traditional colors when you're creating a Christmas themed layout!

This week the design team is showcasing an amazing lady and manufacturer Nikki Sivils. Nikki has come out with this amazing line entitled Tree Love. It's chalked full of fun, warm colors like brick red, mustard yellows and sage greens, it's truly beautiful.

Creative Charms has some amazing products that are of the same color palette! Like the Vintage Velet Poppies in Brown and Cinnamon. Velvet Ric Rac in Brown and Red and gorgeous Vintage Jewel Brads in Amber and Red.

When I found out that I had the awesome privilege of being able to mix these two amazing manufacturers together I knew exactly which photos I wanted to use! Every year as a family we head up into the forest to cut down our Christmas tree. And as tradition, every year, the kids stop and have a visit/photo op with Smokey The Bear.

I loved that I could showcase these photos with the warm, outdoorsy feel using Creative Charms and Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker.










Well what do you think?!?!? Go grab some non traditional colors and create the holiday layout you've always wanted to! You have my permission!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Love this idea....I have always wanted to use bright popping colors but have never gotten the nerve. Now I think I will go try it! Thanks for the inspiration.

Jan Hennings said...

Great LO and beautiful charms!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...