Monday, December 13, 2010

Simple Elegance with the "Nouveaux Vintage" December Kit of the Month


Hi, it's Diane here today to share a few things that I made with the December Kit of the Month "Nouveaux Vintage."  This kit contains some of the newest products and colors in the Vintage line.  The Vintage collection is so beautiful and elegant.  The velvet poppies are one of my favorite things to use because they always make a project special.


For this card I created a pleated paper rosette and added an Ivory Vintage Velvet Poppy to the center.  The poppy is the highlight of the card with the elegant ivory green and gold color scheme.  


I replaced the pearl brad in the center with one of the round Light Green Vintage Jewels.  The rosette is a three quarter rosette and I used gold textured paper from the Making Memories Autumn Splendor line.  The "Merry Christmas" sentiment is cut in glitter cardstock with the Wild Card Cricut cartridge.


The second card I made has a  Grey Vintage Velvet Poppy centered on a medallion that I designed and cut with the Cricut.  The medallion is colored with alcohol inks in blue, silver and pearl.  I used the Antique White Gradient Pearl Stickers in all three sizes around the edges of the medallion.


Here is a closer view of the poppy with the pearl center.


For a different look, you could take out the center pearl brad and use a Gradient Gem Brad in Blue (not part of the December kit).  I  chose to keep the pearl center so all of the embellishments would match.  The "Best Wishes" sentiment is a "peel off" sticker.


Finally, I made a tag for a special gift with plenty of "bling."  For this tag I used another Ivory Vintage Velvet Poppy and five of the Light Green Vintage Jewels.


I used two of the teardrop shaped jewels as "leaves" for the poppy and lined up two rectangles and a circle jewel across the bottom of the tag.  The foil cardstock with the ribbed lines used for this tag and the first card is from American Crafts.


To add a splash of color to the poppy, I used a red ProMarker to color the pearl brad center.  This gives yet another look to these very versatile poppies and was quick and easy to do.

There are so many items in the December Kit of the Month.  I can make many more cards and tags before I come close to running out!  The new velvet colors are lovely and can be used for many non-holiday projects so it would be great to add these new colors to your collection while the kit is available at a special price this month.

You can see more photos and step by step directions of how I made the Merry Christmas card with the rosette on my personal blog, Capadia Designs, at THIS POST.

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Jan Hennings said...

Very pretty and the velvet poppy is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...