Monday, November 8, 2010

Decor For My Daughter


I was excited to hear that I would get the chance to combine the My Little Shoebox collection "Green" with Creative Charms embellishments this month. I love bright colors, so this collection was perfect for me! I decided to make a couple decor items for my daughter. Emma just turned 8 and like her mother, she is NOT a morning person. Her door is always covered with notes to us or her brother that are often pretty comical. I made her a two sided door hanger so that we will know her mood before entering - either "Do Not Disturb" or "Pleaz Knock!"

I also made her a sign to match, that she can hang in her room. I believe both of these wood pieces are from Creative Imaginations. I used Plaid Paint "Laguna." I kept my designs fairly simple using stickers, diecuts and alphabet stickers. I also cut some items from the patterned paper, using some pop dots for added dimension. On the sign I used a clear Vintage Jewel for my apostrophe and added a minature Sparkled Green Butterfly. On the door hanger on the snail side I used Gradient Pearls (white) and used a Sequined Trimmed Green Butterfly on the tree side. In all honesty I'm guessing my daughter will probably bling this up some more once I give them to her...she loves her jewels!

6 comments:

Jennifer Yates said...

soooo cute Jennifer! Love the bright colors!

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

This is sooooo cute!! I'm a new follower and enjoying your blog!!

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

These turned out great!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Super cute Jennifer!

Jan Hennings said...

This is so adorable :)

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! I love this line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...