Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful!!!

Tis the season for Christmas cards, songs of Merriment at the mall and Santa. The weather has turned here in Alberta from Fall to Winter and I'm starting to think of all that wonderful Scandinavian faire we'll have in a short 6 weeks. YUMMO!!!

Hey there everyone, Erika Taylor here today with my first post as a design team member for Creative Charms. I've been using these wonderful embellishments for a while and I'm so blessed to be a part of this team. Talk about a talent pool!!!

Today I'm sharing with you a card I created using some scrumptious goodies from the November Deal of the Month. This deal is filled with 138 pieces of Holiday Cheer, and for this self acclaimed magpie, it is simply perfect. First off, I created the card using Graphic 45 papers, Helmar adhesive and the great ribbon from the kit. To get it to match perfectly to the papers, I inked the ribbon a smidge with Tea Dye distress ink and a spritz of Walnut Gold Glimmer Mist. Perfect indeed. Then I finished the merry little card off with a few of the red Vintage brads and a great sentiment from the Christmas Twinkle Stickers






What a perfect match those Vintage Brads are to Graphic 45 papers. Now I also wanted to show you a creation I did a while back, but you haven't seen. A little Christmas Tree decked out in Nikki Sivils papers, buttons and Vintage Poppies. Just a little extra something for you today...


Well, that is all for me today. I hope that you have enjoyed my first post here on the Creative Charms blog and if you would like to see me create anything in particular, please drop me a comment. Now off to dream of toyland...

Toodles




2 comments:

Bamabel said...

Erika...gorgeous work! Just beautiful!

Aymee

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Love your vintage card and the tree

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...